- Hong Kong Week 1969 Committee Organisations and Terms of Reference
The paper listed the purpose, major events and the schedule of preparation by the Festival of Hong Kong Office. The first paragraph on the cover page stated that the Executive Council decided the title “Hong Kong Week” should be changed to “Festival of Hong Kong”.
- Festival of Hong Kong, 1969
This document was prepared by the Coordinator of the Festival of Hong Kong Office. It laid down the objectives of the Festival of Hong Kong, information about the office of the Festival of Hong Kong, activity categories, guidelines for working committees, and suggestions to the large scale activities and decorative installations by the steering committee. The file also contained members of the steering committee, preparatory committee and all other sub-committees of the festival.
- GIS Press Release: Governor Tells Colony To Have A Good Time
Colonial Secretary Sir Hugh Selby Norman-Walker's speech at the opening of the 1969 Festival of HK.
- Statement By A de O Sales, Chariman Organizing And Executive Committees, Festival of Hong Kong
Festival of HK 1969 Executive Committee Chairman Mr Sales spoke about the planning of the festival and the obstacles they faced, and he encouraged everyone in Hong Kong to enjoy the festival.
- The advice of Rafeek about Festival of HK (1)
Mr Rafeek expressed his opinions about the organizing of the Festival of HK at the Urban Council Annual Conventional Debate on November 27, 1969.
- The advice of Sales about Festival of HK (1)
Mr A de O Sales expressed his opinions about the organizing of the Festival of HK at the Urban Council Annual Conventional Debate on November 27, 1969.
- The advice of Mr Rafeek about Festival of HK (2)
Chairman of the Urban Council spoke about the Festival of HK at the Urban Council Annual Conventional Debate on 23 December 1969.
- The advice of Sales about Festival of HK (2)
Mr A de O Sales spoke about leisure and cultural affairs and facilities at the Urban Council Meeting on January 6, 1970. His speech mentioned there was not enough large facilities in Kowloon to host activities for the Festival of HK.
- GIS Press Release: Right Combination of Work and Play: Hallmark of happy and successful community
Governor MacLehose delivered his speech at the opening ceremony of the 1971 Festival of HK.
- Mammoth Festival is Hong Kong's Biggest Community Project
The article mentions the reasons of organizing the Festival of HK and the programme of the 1969 festival. It also states that the festival was a social event mainly targeted to young people.