The officer's quarters looking towards Victoria, 28th September 1846

This fine view of Murray House, soon after it was built in 1845, shows it in use as officers' quarters. The building was demolished in 1982 and reconstructed to be the present Bank of China Tower. On the road which is still under construction are groups of officers, horses and a carriage. Early buildings and Pedder's Hill are shown in the background.

Share Share