The Catholic Cathedral

The foundation stone of the Catholic Church was laid in 1883 and the church began operation in 1888. The building was Gothic in style, presented by Messrs. Crawley, Hanson and Company. The total length of the building is 62.5 metres, 18.6 metres wide. Including the wings on the left and the right, the total width is 30.2 metres. The altar was moved to the church from the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception at Wellington Street (this cathedral was rebuilt in 1860).

To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is installed. Get Adobe Flash player

Share Share
location