Recently Visited

Grounds and Buildings, 1950s - 1960s

Severe damage during the Second World War left only the refinery building proper standing. By 1950, the entire Refinery had been rebuilt.

The new buildings included two six-storey reinforced concrete sugar refining buildings, a candy house, two four-storey reinforced concrete refined sugar godowns, a range of single storey raw sugar godowns, boiler house, power-house, workshops, stores godowns, factory buildings and sundry other buildings. An oil tank was added when it was decided to replace coal with oil for power generation.


  • Distant View of Taikoo Sugar Refinery (4)

  • Taikoo Sugar Refinery general view (3)

  • The main building

  • Refinery wharf