|Age at Interview:||66|
|Occupation:||Meter Reader, CLP|
|Theme:||Community, Social Life|
Ma Sui Wai was born in 1946 in Hong Kong. His parents’ ancestral home was Haifeng County and they left their native place for Hong Kong in the early 1940s. When they first came to Hong Kong, they lived with fellow natives in Sung Wong Toi. His father made friend with Ng Yau Fat who was the village representative of Nga Tsin Wai. With Ng Yau Fat’s consent, his father built a wooden hut on Pei Pin Street of Nga Tsin Wai as their home. His father worked as a luggage porter at the airport in his early years. After they moved to Pei Pin Street, his father operated a grocery store at their home. Ma Sui Wai had studied in the Lok Sin Tong Primary School in Kowloon City. He completed his secondary education in St. Joseph’s Anglo-Chinese School in Ngau Chi Wan and started to work after graduation. He had worked in the China Light & Power Company until he retired in 2006 after a long service. In the late 1960s when the government demolished the squatters on Pei Pin Street, Ma Sui Wai’s family was rehoused to the Tung Tau Resettlement Estate. In 1969, Ma Sui Wai married an Nga Tsin Wai villager. They had known each other since childhood and grew up together. His wife’s family name was Ng. Because she is an indigenous resident of the Ng Clan, the couple always returns to Nga Tsin Wai Village to visit friends and relatives after they moved out of the village. They still keep a tie with the hometown presently. Ma Sui Wai first participated in the organization of activities in celebration of the Jiao Festival and Birthday of Tin Hau in 2006 at the request of Ng Chi Wing the village headman and other villagers. Since then, he continues to participate in the organization work.